Rooftop Solar Energy System
Most of our clients are installing PV energy systems on the roof rather than building integrated systems or ground-mounted systems.
The benefit of rooftop solarpanels is that they make good use of the empty space while keeping the array safely within reach and away from most common obstructions.
Most people install the system on an existing home ("retrofit") and choose to use #mountingbrackets to secure the panels to the roof. In the case of new construction or re-roofing, an in-roof installation system or solar roof tiles may be the preferred solution.
How are solar panels fitted to a tiled roof?
1. Once the area of the array is mapped out on the roof, a few select tiles are removed.
2. In these gaps, anchors or hooks are attached to the roof rafters.
3. A weatherproof seal is applied around these.
4. The tiles are put back into place, with the hooks coming out below them.
5. A metal frame or rails hooks onto the anchor points.
6. The PV panels are fitted to the frame.
7. The array’s wiring is connected.